SAAL COVID Relief Donation FAQs
1. Is this fund registered as 501 C (for tax deduction)?
SAAL is registered as a 501c3 organization. All donations to SAAL are tax deductible. Please check with your tax preparer for the details.
2. What specific actions will be taken? How can we be assured that the needy will get the help directly?
a. Donate to SEWA International to use for their COVID relief programs in India.
b. Ship Oxygen Concentrators to various hospitals in India.
There is an ongoing need for oxygen concentrators and other medical supplies since they are in extremely short supply. We are directly working with the various local hospitals in India to ensure that the needy will get the required help.
c. Join hands with AAPI (American association of physicians of Indian origin).
3. In what areas (region) of India will help be distributed?
These areas will be decided based on needs as we communicate with locals through our contacts.
4. Is there a third party involved to provide help at the local level?
We decided to collaborate with SEWA International since it is a reputed non-profit organization that has been providing services in India. We are also in direct contact with various local hospitals in India to ensure that the assistance reaches directly to the people in need. We may join hands with AAPI (American association of physicians of Indian origin) since they have been major contributors to human services in India.
5. What is the expected overhead % for this effort?
SAAL is a 100% volunteer run organization.
6. Will there be accountability/audit?
SAAL finances are audited by an independent accountant.
7. How can I contribute?
- Paypal on SAAL website
- SAAL Facebook page
- Check payable to SAAL,
- Required Minimum (mandated) Distribution (RMD) through QCD (Qualified Charitable Distribution) directly from your traditional IRA Fund. (specially for donors aged 70.5 years or older).
You can donate your RMD through QCD (Qualified Charitable Distribution) by giving the following details to your IRA custodian:
Name of the Charity: SAAL (South Asian Association of Lancaster)
Address – 719 Farnum Rd. Lititz, PA 17543
Contact Name: Dr, Maulik Patel
All donations are tax deductible. Please check with your tax preparer for the details.